Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Carey L. Strome Papers, 1911-1914
- Strome, Carey L.
- Carey L. Strome Papers
- 1911-1914 (inclusive)19111914
- 0.1 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Strome
- The Carey L. Strome Papers consist of materials generated and assembled by alumnus Strome documenting his agriculture courses at Oregon Agricultural College in the early 1910s. The Papers include class notes, course materials and class assignments, and publications. Strome earned a BS in Agronomy at Oregon Agricultural College in 1916.
Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Carey L. Strome earned a BS in Agronomy from Oregon Agricultural College (OAC) in 1916. Strome enrolled at OAC in 1912 after graduating from high school in Junction City, Oregon. Strome worked for the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Washington, D.C. after completing his degree. In 1935, he assumed management of the family's farm near Junction City and specialized in the production of grass seed. Strome was active in business, civic, and community organizations; he served as President of the Oregon Seed Growers League, was a member of the Lane County Planning Commission, and served as mayor of Junction City.
Carey Lloyd Strome was born in Junction City, Oregon, on January 11, 1894; he died in 1974.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Carey L. Strome Papers consist of materials generated and assembled by alumnus Strome as a student in agriculture at Oregon Agricultural College in the early 1910s. The Papers include class notes, course materials and class assignments, and publications. The class notes are for a bacteriology course in fall 1912. The course materials consist of student score cards for livestock judging and dairy separator work assignments.
The publications include Department of Entomology Circular Letter no. 1, Fumigation, by A.L. Lovett (1914); The Business Side of Farming - Part I Farm Records by J.A. Bexell (1911; College Bulletin no. 33); Water Laws of Oregon (1913); and Table of Logarithms for Chemical Calculations by the Department of Chemistry (1914).
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Carey L. Strome Papers (MSS Strome), Oregon State University Special Collections & Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The papers were transferred to the Special Collections & Archives Research Center by the Crop and Soil Science Department in 2013.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Agricultural education--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Agriculture--Study and teaching (Higher)--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students.
- Bexell, J. A. (John Andrew), 1867-1938. (creator)
- Lovett, A. L. (Arthur Lester), 1885-1924. (creator)