Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Anatha Attar Muslim Immigrant Women Oral History Project, 1988-1990
- Attar, Anatha.
- Anatha Attar Muslim Immigrant Women Oral History Project
- 1988-1990 (inclusive)19881990
- .5 Linear Feet of Shelf Space, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- Cage 742 (collection)
- The collection consists of audiocassettes (27 tapes) of oral history interviews conducted by Anatha Attar, a Ph.D. student in anthropology at Washington State University, in 1988-1990. The interviewees were eleven Muslim immigrant women in Washington State and Idaho.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use, subject to certain conditions.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of audiocassettes (27 tapes) of oral history interviews conducted by Anatha Attar, a Ph.D. student in anthropology at Washington State University, in 1988-1990. The interviewees were eleven Muslim immigrant women in Washington State and Idaho. These women were from various countries in the Middle East and India, and in the interviews they discussed their backgrounds and experiences in their home countries and their adjustments to life in the United States. The collection also includes consent forms.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
In accordance with the consent requirements of the interviews, the names of interviewees may not be included in any publications. Any publications resulting from research use of these interviews should be of a scholastic nature. Copyright restrictions apply.
[Item Description] Anatha Attar Muslim immigrant women oral history project, 1988-1990
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The collection is arranged in a single sequence.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Audio recordings (audiocassettes)
Arifa Abdulgayoum, 1989 (4 cassettes)
Hoor Bano Ahmadullah, 1989 (4 cassettes)
Shamim Chaudhry, 1990 (2 cassettes)
Fatma Dogan, 1989 (2 cassettes)
Nagwa El-Shaikh, 1988-1989 (3 cassettes)
Rukhsana Ghazanfar, undated (1 cassette)
Farida Hakim, 1989 (1 cassette)
Nahid Khan, 1989 (3 cassettes)
Peri Kochman, 1990 (2 cassettes)
Sultana Samizary, 1990 (1 cassette)
Rhonda [Shelel?], undated (2 cassettes)
Mona Younes, 1989 (2 cassettes)
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Muslim women -- Idaho -- Interviews.
- Muslim women -- United States -- Social conditions.
- Muslim women -- Washington (State) -- Interviews.
- Women immigrants -- United States -- Social conditions.