Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Francis and Lois Wilson Neer Photograph Album, 1910-1914
Overview of the Collection
- Neer, Francis E. (Francis Edwards), 1887-1969
- Francis and Lois Wilson Neer Photograph Album
- 1910-1914 (inclusive)19101914
- 0.15 cubic foot, (1 oversize box)
- Collection Number
- P 206
- The Neer Photograph Album consists of photographic prints of Francis Neer, Lois Wilson, and other Oregon Agricultural College students. Neer and Wilson graduated from OAC in 1914 and were later married and lived in Salem.
Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Francis Edwards Neer, from Pasadena, California, attended Oregon Agricultural College for 4 academic years (1910/11 - 1913/14) and graduated in 1914 with a B.S. in Agriculture, specializing in Horticulture. He was a member of the Gamma Delta Phi fraternity and played on his class football team.
Lois Katherine Wilson, from Salem, Oregon, attended OAC for 3 years (1911/12 - 1913/14) and graduated in 1914 with a degree in Domestic Science. She and Francis Neer were later married and lived in Salem.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This photograph album consists of photographic prints probably collected and assembled by Francis E. Neer or Lois Katherine Wilson. The album includes many images of Neer and Wilson and their fellow students at Oregon Agricultural College. Especially notable are images of the Gamma Delta Phi (later Kappa Sigma) fraternity house at 239 N 8th Street (SE corner of 8th and Van Buren) including its construction in 1911. Other notable subjects include the Marys and Willamette Rivers as well as canoeing, picnicing, and other outings.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Francis and Lois Wilson Neer Photograph Album (P 204), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- College students--Oregon--Corvallis
- Gamma Delta Phi (Oregon Agricultural College)
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students
- Corvallis (Or.)
- Marys River (Or.)
- Willamette River (Or.)
Form or Genre Terms
- Photograph albums
- Wilson, Lois K. (Lois Katherine) (creator)