Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Taylor Family papers , 1853-1862
- Taylor family
- Taylor Family papers
- 1853-1862 (inclusive)18531862
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- A 121
- The Taylor family papers include a journal of an overland trip from Rockford, Illinois to Oregon in 1853 by Rachel Taylor; a diary of D. H. Taylor on military service against Indians, January 1862-May 1862; and a genealogy of the Taylor family and related families.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Taylor family journeyed overland from Illinois to Oregon in 1853. The Taylor family resided in Phoenix, Oregon.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection consists of typed copies of a journal of a trip from Rockford, Illinois to Oregon in 1853, by Rachel Taylor; a diary of D.H. Taylor on military service against the Indians, January 1862-May 1862; and a genealogy of the Taylor, Merriam, Phelps, Court, and related families.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Taylor Family papers|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Indians of North America--Wars--1862-1865--personal narratives
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Soldiers--West (U.S.)--Diaries
- Court family
- Merriam family
- Phelps family
- Taylor family
- Phoenix (Or.)
Form or Genre Terms
- Genealogies (histories)
- Overland journals