Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Carl Allendoerfer papers, approximately 1911-1974
Overview of the Collection
- Allendoerfer, Carl B. (Carl Barnett), 1911-1974
- Carl Allendoerfer papers
- 11 cubic feet (10 boxes)
- Collection Number
- 2356 (Accession No. 2356-001)
- Correspondence, speeches and writings and subject files of a University of Washington Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access contact repository.
Records stored offsite; advance notice required for use.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Carl Barnett Allendoerfer (1911-1974) was a professor of mathematics, chairman of the Mathematics Department and of the Faculty Senate at the University of Washington. He originated the Summer Mathematics Institute for High School Teachers at the University. He was president of the Mathematical Association of America, and developed the "new math" curriculum for primary and secondary schools.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, speeches and writings, subject files, reprints.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Restrictions on Use
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Mathematics teachers--Washington (State)--Seattle
- University Archives/Faculty Papers (University of Washington)
- University of Washington--Faculty
- Allendoerfer, Carl B. (Carl Barnett), 1911-1974--Archives (creator)
- University of Washington. University Archives