- Allingham, George, -1873
- George Allingham letter to William Allingham
- 1851 January 191851-01-191851-01-19
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- CA 1851 Jan 19
- George Allingham ( d.1873) was a resident of Warren County, Illinois, whose son, William, emigrated to Oregon in 1850. The collection consists of a photostat copy of a letter from the elder Allingham to his son.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
George Allingham ( d.1873) was a resident of Warren County, Illinois. His son, William Allingham (1826-1906) emigrated to Oregon in 1850, followed in 1852 by his brother David.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of a photostat copy of a letter from the elder Allingham to his son, William M. Allingham of Marysville, Oregon Territory. Allingham comments on the weather, names various persons who have returned from the west coast destitute, and suggests that returning by land is easier and safer.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Allingham, William, 1826-1906
- Oregon Territory--History
- Warren County (Ill.)--Social life and customs--19th century
Form or Genre Terms