Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Lafayette Grover diary , 1851-1853
- Grover, La Fayette, 1823-1911
- Lafayette Grover diary
- 1851-1853 (inclusive)18511853
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- A 042
- Lafayette Grover served as Governor of Oregon from 1870-1877 and then resigned to become a United States Senator. His diary includes entries on his travels from Philadelphia to Portland and on his relations with figures such as Chief Justice Nelson along with his view on legislature.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
La Fayette Grover (1823-1911) served as Governor of Oregon from 1870-1877 and was then resigned to become a United States Senator.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Lafayette Grover's diary includes entries on his travels from Philadelphia to Portland and on his relations with figures such as Chief Justice Nelson.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Lafayette Grover Diary|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Oregon National Historic Trail--Description and travel
- Oregon Territory--Politics and government
Form or Genre Terms