Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Speech Department Chair Records, 1923-1946
Overview of the Collection
- Speech Department Chair Records
- 1923-1946 (inclusive)19231946
- approximate 634 items, (.5 linear feet), (1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 151
- Records are comprised mainly of newspaper clippings, but also include copies of journal articles, correspondence, play programs, drafts of speeches, and ticket stubs.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Department of Speech at Washington State University was established in 1923. It trained students as speech teachers, dramatic directors, and radio broadcasters; produced numerous stage productions; and was responsible for both the University's debate team and radio station KWSC. Maynard Lee Daggy (1874-1963) headed the Speech Department from its inception in 1923 until 1946.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The records of the Department of Speech date from 1923 to 1946. The records are comprised mainly of newspaper clippings, but also include copies of journal articles, correspondence, play programs, drafts of speeches, and ticket stubs. The records are arranged in a single alphabetical sequence.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Daggy, Maynard Lee
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- College and school drama, American--Washington (State)--Pullman--Archives
- Speech communication (Linguistics)--Washington (State)
- Washington State University. Dept. of Speech. Chair--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Dept. of Speech. Chair--Archives
- Washington State University. Dept. of Speech. Chair--Records and correspondence
- Washington State University. KWSC radio station--Archives
- Daggy, Maynard Lee--Archives (creator)
- State College of Washington. Dept. of Speech. Chair. (creator)