Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Sam F. Gill diary, 1880-1900
- Gill, Sam F.
- Sam F. Gill diary
- 1880-1900 (inclusive)18801900
- .08 cubic feet (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- Mss 1509
- Diary of Sam F. Gill, 1 vol., 1880-1900, regarding his duties as an engineer on steamboats operating on the Columbia River, with information about personal and family activities.
Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Diary of Sam F. Gill, 1 vol., 1880-1900, regarding his duties as an engineer on steamboats operating on the Columbia River, with information about personal and family activities. Includes photocopies of articles by Gill in "The Bulletin", n.d., adapted from journal entries.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any use of reproductions. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use of reproductions may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright holders.
Sam F. Gill diary, Mss 1509, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Steamboats -- Columbia River -- 19th century.
- Gill, Sam F. -- Diaries.
Form or Genre Terms
- Diaries. -- aat