Archives West Finding Aid
UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Jordan Arthur Ellison field recordings (Bulgaria), 1976-08
- Ellison, Jordan Arthur
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Jordan Arthur Ellison field recordings (Bulgaria)
- 16 items : EC-16 reels (7.5 ips, 2 tr. mono (mostly) and 1/2 tr. stereo, 7"); WT-16 reels (7.5 ips, 1/2 tr. stereo, 10"); Duration: 12:39:33
- Collection Number
- Recorded at third national folklore festival in Koprivshtitsa, Bulgaria, and other locations, August 1976.
University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Jordan Arthur Ellison is an ethnomusicologist and retired library information professional. Ellison earned an MA in ethnomusicology at the University of Washington in 1982. For nearly 20 years, Ellison worked at the Northwestern University Library in Evanston, Illinois.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Originals recorded by Judith Ellison with Nakamichi 550 (with Dolby) (some mono, some stereo), Sony ECM-280 mics, Maxell UDXL tape.
Archive sheets were completed by collector and contain very complete documentation of collection.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Bulgaria--Europe--Southeastern Europe
- Europe--Europe--General Europe