Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Architecture Department Carpenter Hall Rededication Records, 1991-1992
Overview of the Collection
- Architecture Department Carpenter Hall Rededication Records
- 1991-1992 (inclusive)19911992
- .25 Linear feet of shelf space, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- Archives 314 (collection)
- This collection consists of documentation created in preparation for the rededication ceremony, including planning and the history, of Carpenter Hall.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
In 1991, WSU renovated its historic Carpenter Hall and rededicated it for the School of Architecture. Robert Weaver, the first head of the Architecture department, designed the original Mechanic Arts Building, which was constructed ca. 1915 (due to various restrictions, it was not fully completed until 1926). It received its current name in 1949, in honor of Hubert Vincent Carpenter, former Dean for the College of Mechanic Arts. In 1990, the university began renovations and held a rededication ceremony on April 25, 1992.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection was likely the personal files of Professor Robert Allen, event coordinator. It consists of documentation created in preparation for the rededication ceremony, including planning and the history of Carpenter Hall.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Restrictions on Use
Materials are subject to copyright.
[Item Description] Architecture Department Carpenter Hall Rededication Records, 1991-1992 (Archives 314)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The collection was rearranged into a subject-based organization, with documents relating to the planning of the rededication ceremony preceding items relating to the history of Carpenter Hall.
The materials in this collection were received at the Washington State University Libraries’ Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC) on November 8th 1996 from WSU's Architecture Department and retained as UA96-14.
This collection was processed in February, 2012 by PhD History student Shawna Herzog.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Rededication brochures, attendee lists, calendars, invitations, correspondence, 1991-1992|
|1||2||Building plan descriptions for exhibit by David Rash, 1991-1992|
|1||3||Historical programs, photos, information, 1915-1949 (photocopies)|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Washington State University -- Buildings -- History
- Washington State University. Carpenter Hall -- Archives