Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Münir Nurettin Beken recordings (Bach Around the Clock: Munir Beken/ud), 2001-11-10
- Beken, Münir Nurettin, 1964-
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Münir Nurettin Beken recordings (Bach Around the Clock: Munir Beken/ud)
- 1 optical media : EC - 1 CD (stereo, digital); Duration: 11:20
- Collection Number
- Recorded at Town Hall, Seattle, 11/10/01, Bach Around the Clock Festival; recorded by E Power Productions; this recording represents only a segment of the entire concert program.
University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Münir Nurettin Beken (1964-) is a musician, composer, and ethnomusicologist from Istanbul (Turkey). He studied ud with Mutlu Torun at the State Conservatory of Istanbul at age 11. After he graduated in 1986, he conducted the Conservatory Orchestra and recorded his own original compositions. In 1988, he earned his MA from the State Conservatory of Turkish Classical Music. Ten years later, he earned his PhD in ethnomusicology from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. He has conducted research on musical globalization and the phenomenology of music and has won awards for his compositions. He was one of the founders of the State Turkish Music Ensemble and is well known for his ud playing. He is currently an assistant professor of creative arts at Siena College in Albany, NY.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Munir Nurettin Beken/ud.
Movements from the Partita in E for solo violin, BWV 1006, arranged for ud (radio broadcast back announce by Steve Reeder, KING-FM).
E Power Productions: 1122 E. Pike St., PMB 1017, Seattle, WA, 98122-3934 USA, Ph. 206/264-8083.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
1 optical media : CD - unpublished; Tracks: 1
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Turks--Middle East--Middle East