Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Theodore Roosevelt letter to George Himes, 1900 February 21
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919
- Theodore Roosevelt letter to George Himes
- 1900 February 211900-02-211900-02-21
- 0.1 cubic feet, (1 folder in shared box)
- Collection Number
- Coll 301
- Typed note, signed, from Theodore Roosevelt when he was governor of New York, to George H. Himes, assistant secretary of the Oregon Historical Society, complimenting Himes and the society on their work.
Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Typed note, signed, from Theodore Roosevelt when he was governor of New York, to George H. Himes, assistant secretary of the Oregon Historical Society, complimenting Himes and the society on their work. This letter was a response to Himes's letter of February 13, 1900, a transcript of which is included.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society owns the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from copyright owners.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The letter was previously located in the general correspondence of the Oregon Historical Society, which is part of the society's institutional archives. In approximately 2012, the the letter was assigned a manuscript collection number and housed with the manuscript collections at the Oregon Historical Society Research Library; it remains part of the society's institutional archives.
A copy of Himes's letter to Roosevelt can be found in the George Himes letterpress copybooks, Oregon Historical Society Institutional Archives.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Himes, George H., 1844-1940--Correspondence
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919--Correspondence
- Oregon Historical Society--Correspondence
Form or Genre Terms