Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Genevieve Lawrence papers, 1944-1989
- Lawrence, Genevieve
- Genevieve Lawrence papers
- 1944-1989 (inclusive)19441989
- 6 boxes, (3 linear feet)
- Collection Number
- ACCN 1110
- The Genevieve Lawrence papers (1944-1989) contain correspondence, sales information, artist cards, and gallery programs. Correspondents include Alice Merrill Horne and Ray Nilson's Fine Arts Gallery. Concerns art galleries, Utah Women artists, interior design and the 1955-1957 Utah State Fairs. Also includes organization records of the American Association of University Women. Genevieve Lawrence was a owner of Lugen Galleries and an art collector.
University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Genevieve Lawrence was a owner of Lugen Galleries, art collector, member of the Utah State Fair Board of Art and Music, president of the Utah Women Artists Exhibition.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Genevieve Lawrence papers consist of correspondence, sales information, artist cards, and gallery programs. Correspondents include Alice Merrill Horne and Ray Nilson's Fine Arts Gallery. Concerns art galleries, Utah Women artists, interior design and the 1955-1957 Utah State Fairs. Also includes organization records of the American Association of University Women.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Alice Merrill Horne correspondence||1944-1947|
|1||3||Personal correspondence with artists and customers; list of Utah artists||1946-1955|
|1||4||Lugen and Kraushaar Galleries, accounts||1945-1951|
|1||5||Sales of paintings||1944-1948|
|1||6-11||Sale of paintings and commission payments - Ray Nilson Galley||1952-1956|
|2||1||Catalogues of exhibitions, Lugen Galleries and Ray Nilson Gallery||1942-1952|
|2||2||National galleries contacted - Lugen Galleries||1951-1952|
|2||3||National galleries correspondence - Ray Nilson Gallery||1953-1955|
|3||1-13||American Association of University Women (AAUW) Utah Women Artists
These folders contain agendas, articles, clippings, calendars, correspondence, lists, exhibition information, policies, and other materials.
|3||29||National exhibition catalogues|
|4||1-3||Ray Nilson Gallery|
|4||4-12||Utah State Fair|
|4||13||Utah Symphony programs|
|4||14-15||Wasatch State Park|
These folders contain annual reports, by-laws, financial reports, brochures, correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, legislative materials, yearbooks, directories, and general materials.
|5||15||Equal Rights Ammendment (ERA) materials|
|6||Interior design projects and course materials|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Art galleries, Commercial--Utah
- Women artists--Utah
- Horne, Alice Merrill, 1868-1948
- Lawrence, Genevieve--Archives
- American Association of University Women--Records and correspondence
- Lugen Galleries (Provo, Utah)
- Ray Nilson's Fine Arts Gallery (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Utah State Fair Association
Form or Genre Terms
- Advertising cards