Archives West Finding Aid
Mongolian Missions Collection, 1913-1935
- Mongolian Missions Collection
- 1913-1935 (inclusive)19131935
- 2.5 linear feet, (6 boxes and one oversize manuscript, 20" x 6")
- Collection Number
- This collection contains materials used by missionaries of the South Mongol Mission including unbound texts, photographs, and religious and educational materials produced by the British and Foreign Bible Society, the Swedish Mongol Mission Press, and the Russian-Mongolian Publishing Company.
University of Puget Sound, Archives & Special Collections
University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections
Collins Memorial Library
1500 N. Warner St.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research.
- Russian, Tibetan and/or Mongolian, Chinese and Swedish, Russian, , Tibetan or Mongolian, , Chinese, and , Swedish.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection gathered by Christian missionaries, whose connection to the University of Puget Sound is unknown, contains the following items:
1) The New Testament in Tibetan, Revised Version. Shanghai: British Foreign Bible Society, 1913.
2) Genesis in Mongolian. Ed. 1201. Shanghai: British and Foreign Bible Society, 1913.
3) Astronomy text in Tibetan or Mongolian. Captions for illustrations in Russian. Russian-Mongolian Publishing Company.
4) A paper-bound biography of Chinggis Khaan in Tibetan or Mongolian. Beijing publisher.
5) A small collection of books of hymns in Tibetan or Mongolian with index in English and Swedish.
6) Five items written in Tibetan or Mongolian. Content unknown. One produced by the Swedish Mongol Mission Press and another by the Russian-Mongolian Publishing Company (1923).
7) A couple hundred small black and white photographs depicting daily life in Mongolia. Some are photos of the missionaries, but very few are annotated. The photographs may have been taken at or near the South Mongol Mission from 1925 to about 1935.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Methodist Church--Missions
- British and Foreign Bible Society (publisher)
- Russko-mongol'skaia tipografiia (publisher)
- Svenska mongolmissionens forlag (publisher)