- McNary, Charles Linza, 1874-1944; Steiwer, Frederick, 1883-1939; Smith, Richard Shore, 1877-1953; Angell, Homer Daniel, 1875-1968
- Richard Shore Smith correspondence of the First National Bank of Eugene, Oregon
- 1932-1936 (inclusive)19321936
0.1 linear feet, (2 folders)
- Collection Number
- A 113
- Richard Shore Smith was president of the First National Bank, Eugene, Oregon. Correspondence covers bank policy and practice.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Richard Shore Smith (1877-1953) was president of the First National Bank, Eugene, Oregon.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Richard Shore Smith's letters, both incoming and outgoing, deal for the most part with bank policy and practice, particularly the question of branch banking. Correspondents include senators Charles L. McNary and Frederick Steiwer, state legislator Homer Angell, the Oregon Bankers Association, and the American Bankers Association. There are several letters to Edward C. Pease of The Dalles, Oregon, member of the Oregon State Board of Higher Education, about University of Oregon matters.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Richard Shore Smith Correspondence of the First National Bank of Eugene, Oregon|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Bankers--Oregon--Lane County
- Banks and banking--Oregon--Eugene
- Branch banks--Oregon
- First National Bank of Eugene (Eugene, Or.)
- University of Oregon
Form or Genre Terms
- Letters (Correspondence)