- T.H. Callaway letter to James R. Callaway
- 16 October 1862 (inclusive)18621862
- 0.1 linear feet
- Collection Number
- T.H. Callaway writes to his uncle, James Callaway, four-pages recounting his participation in the Battle of Cornith, October 2-3, 1962, as part of the Confederate army.
- University of Puget Sound, Archives & Special Collections
University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections
Collins Memorial Library
1500 N. Warner St.
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Second Battle of Corinth took place October 3-4, 1862, in Corinth, Mississippi.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
T.H. Callaway writes to his uncle, James Callaway, four-pages recounting his participation in the Battle of Cornith, October 2-3, 1962, as part of the Confederate army. In this letter Callaway mentions the lack of food, clothing, and provisions available.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Archives & Special Collections, University of Puget Sound, provides access to its collections to support educational, personal, and non-commercial use. Some materials in these collections may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law. Copyright laws protect published as well as unpublished materials. It is the user's responsibility to determine and satisfy copyright or any other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise disseminating materials found in the collections.
Physical property rights reside with the Archives & Special Collections, University of Puget Sound. Literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. For further information, please consult the Archives & Special Collections.
T.H. Callaway letter to James R. Calloway, 16 October 1862. Mss.028. University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections. Tacoma, Washington.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Corinth, Battle of, Corinth, Miss., 1862
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Confederate States of America. Army.
Form or Genre Terms