Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Frank H. Bartholomew Collection, 1983-1985
- Bartholomew, Frank H.
- Frank H. Bartholomew Collection
- 1983-1985 (inclusive)19831985
- 0.03 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Bartholomew
- The Frank H. Bartholomew Collection consists of page proofs of Bartholomew's autobiography, Bart, Memoirs of Frank H. Bartholomew and correspondence related to the book. Bartholomew attended Oregon Agricultural College in 1918-1919 and was President of United Press International from 1955 to 1972.
Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Frank H. Bartholomew attended Oregon Agricultural College in the 1918-1919 academic year as a freshman in commerce and a member of the Student Army Training Corps (SATC). Bartholomew began his journalism career after graduating from high school as a reporter for the Oregonian in Portland. In 1921 he became reporter for the United Press in Portland. He was an award-winning war correspondent and served as an executive from 1955 to 1972 of the United Press and, after its merger with the International News Service, of United Press International. He retired in 1979 and died in California in 1985.
George E. McCadden was a colleague and friend of Bartholomew and collaborated on the autobiography.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Frank H. Bartholomew Collection consists of page proofs of Bartholomew's autobiography, Bart, Memoirs of Frank H. Bartholomew, a handwritten index, and correspondence related to the book. The page proofs include materials edited from the final manuscript by Bartholomew's wife. A letter from McCadden in the collection provides background information. The page proofs include a description of Bartholomew's student experience at Oregon Agricultural College.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Frank H. Bartholomew Collection, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Journalists--United States--Biography.
- Military education--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students.
- United Press International--Biography.
- McCadden, George E. (creator)