- Rykbost, K. A.
- Kenneth A. Rykbost Papers
- 1990-2005 (inclusive)19902005
- 0.12 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- MSS Rykbost
- The Kenneth A. Rykbost Papers consist of materials generated by Rykbost during the time he was Superintendent of the Klamath Experiment Station and pertain to his research interest in potato variety development and cultural management as well as the public debate regarding water use and species recovery plans in the Klamath Basin.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Kenneth A. Rykbost served as Superintendent of the Klamath Experiment Station from 1987 until his retirement in 2003. Rykbost earned his Ph.D. in Soil Science from Oregon State University in 1973 after completing his BS and MS degrees at Cornell University. His primary research interest was potato variety development and cultural management.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Kenneth A. Rykbost Papers consist of materials generated by Rykbost during the period that he was Superintendent of the Klamath Experiment Station and include correspondence, biographical information, Experiment Station publications, annual Field Day programs, and article reprints. Of particular note are editorial letters featured in the local newspaper. In addition to Rykbost's potato research, the materials include Rykbost's reponse to public concerns and government measures regarding pesticide use, water levels, and species recovery plans in the Klamath Basin.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Irrigation--Klamath River Watershed (Or. and Calif.)
- Potatoes--Varieties--California--Modoc County.
- Potatoes--Varieties--California--Siskiyou County.
- Potatoes--Varieties--Oregon--Klamath County.
- Water resources development--Klamath River Watershed (Or. and Calif.)
- Klamath Project (U.S.)
- Klamath Basin (Or.)
- Klamath River Watershed (Or. and Calif.)
- Upper Klamath Lake Watershed (Or.)
- Oregon State University. Agricultural Experiment Station. (creator)