Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Library Serial Record Records, 1952-1978
Overview of the Collection
- Library Serial Record Records
- 1952-1978 (inclusive)19521978
- approximate 7 items, ( .5 linear feet), ( 1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 171
- The records consist of three serial record manuals from different time periods. Two of the manuals are references for the University Libraries system and one is a Humanities Library Manual for G Serials.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Serial Record is responsible for the creation of appropriate documentation, such as manuals, for controlling the aquisition, storage, and retrieval of serial publications. The three Serial Record Manuals which make up this collection illustrate how the Libraries serial records are maintained.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records consist of three serial record manuals from different time periods. Two of the manuals are references for the University Libraries system and one is a Humanities Library Manual for G Serials. The manuals are arranged as a single chronological series encompassing the years 1952, 1956, and 1978.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Manual of Serial Record Procedures , 1952Return to Top
Part I: For Serial Checkers
Humanities Library Manual: G Serials Return to Top
Part I: Policies and Procedures
Part II: Appendices A-E (preliminary copy)
Part III: Appendices F-G (preliminary copy)
Part II: Appendices (final copy), Section 1
Part II: Appendices (final copy), Section 2
Serial Record Manual , 1978Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1, Folder 7
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Serials control systems--Research--Archival resources
- Washington State University. Libraries--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Libraries--Records and correspondence
- State College of Washington. Libraries. Serial Record. (creator)