- Robinson, Gerald H. of Portland, OR
- Gerald Robinson photographs
- 1949-2000 (inclusive)19492000
- 2 linear feet, (2 containers)
12.8 unprocessed linear feet, (3 record storage boxes, 6 flat boxes)
- Collection Number
- PH 264
- Gerald H. Robinson (1927-) is a fine art photographer and photography advocate as well as a noted Portland attorney. He was a founding member of the Friends of Photography and Portland's Group 15, has exhibited his work widely, and served as an instructor in photography at several colleges. The collection consists of matted and signed prints dating from 1949-2000, as well as 14 prints created by his associates: Bernard Freemesser (8), Larry Smith (1), Max Allard (2), Marvin R. Goodman (2), and Bob Barnes (1).
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room.
This collection contains unarranged accruals that are unavailable for use. Inquiries regarding these materials should be submitted via the This collection contains unarranged accruals that are unavailable for use. Inquiries regarding these materials should be submitted via the Notice of Interest in Unprocessed Collections form.
Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Gerald Robinson (1927- ) is a photographer from Portland, Oregon.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection comprises photographs, mostly black and white, by Gerald Robinson and others, including Larry Streets, Bernard Freemesser, Max Allana, and Bob Barnes, of people and places in the Pacific Northest from the 1950s to 2000.
People and places in the collection include Mike Russo, Manuel Izquierdo, Sally Haley, Fredric Littman, LaVerne Krause, Newport Dock, Yaquina Bay Bridge, Shore Acres, Minor White, Cape Kiwanda, The Abbey Hotel, Robert Hansen, Japanese American Memorial in Portland, Oregon, Louis Bruce, Bonnie Bronson, Tom Robinson, Cyril Byrne, Art Wright, Ruth Bernhard, Bennett Welsh, Lee Kelly.
Unarranged accrual includes black and white photographs depicting Portland, South Portland, and portraits. It also includes some typewritten captions, an artist's statement, and exhibit ephemera.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Gerald Robinson photographs|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Allana, Max
- Barnes, Robert Greely, 1930-
- Freemesser, Bernard
- Streets, Larry
- Northwest, Pacific--Photographs
Form or Genre Terms
- Photographic prints