Archives West Finding Aid
John M. Finney Student Papers, 1963-1967
- Finney, John Montfort, 1944-
- John M. Finney Student Papers
- 1963-1967 (bulk)19631967
- 2.0 linear feet, (4 binders)
- Collection Number
- The bulk of this collection is the academic work completed by Finney as an undergraduate student at the University of Puget Sound. The collection contains class schedules, class notes, assignments, syllabi, essays and an undergraduate thesis, and UPS Boggle Players Association records.
University of Puget Sound, Archives & Special Collections
University of Puget Sound Archives & Special Collections
Collins Memorial Library
1500 N. Warner St.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
John Montfort Finney (b. 1944) was graduated from the University of Puget Sound in 1967. He received M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in sociology from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, in 1969 and 1971, respectively. After service on the Washington State University faculty, he returned to the University of Puget Sound in 1976 as Registrar and Director of Institutional Research, in which capacity he served until 1989. From 1989 until his retirement in 2007 he served as Associate Dean and University Registrar. In 2007 Finney became faculty emeritus and began service as a volunteer in the university archives. His principle activities have been digitizing the photograph collection and writing a “From the Archives” column for the UPS alumni magazine Arches.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains class schedules, class notes, assignments, syllabi, essays and an undergraduate thesis, and records.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Board gamers
- College students--Washington (State)--Tacoma