Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
University Accountant Records, 1900-1905
Overview of the Collection
- University Accountant Records
- 1900-1905 (inclusive)19001905
- approximate 867 items, ( .5 linear feet), ( 2 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 52
- Records include correspondence, financial statements, various advertisements of commercial products, students room receipts, payroll information etc.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Financial resources for the college came from the federal land grant, the Hatch Fund, the Morrill Fund and the yearly appropriations from the State Legislature. In 1905 the total appropriations amounted to $165,000.
The WSC Accountant received warrants from the State Auditor, paid the salaries of the employees and expenses of the college, sold textbooks in the Business office, received room deposits, and processed travel vouchers.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The records of the Accountant consist of incoming correspondence arranged in two series. The first series includes general correspondence arranged alphabetically by subject -- either by the author's last name or the name of the originating organization. The second series consists of correspondence from the State Auditor. Material in both series dates from 1900 through 1905, with the bulk of the first series dating from 1903 through 1905 The records include correspondence concerning orders for materials, vouchers, receipts, various advertisements of commercial products, student room receipts payroll information and financial statements.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
1: Incoming Correspondence, General , 1900-1905Return to Top
2: Incoming Correspondence, State Auditor , 1901-1905Return to Top
|March 21, 1901 - December 30, 1901|
|January 4, 1902 - November 3, 1902|
|October 28, 1903 - December 3, 1903|
|January 5, 1904 - April 30, 1904|
|January 9, 1905 - August 2, 1905|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Universities and colleges--Accounting--Washington (State)--Pullman--Archives
- Washington State University. University Accountant--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. University Accountant--Records and correspondence
- State College of Washington. University Accountant. (creator)