Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Charles Jonathan Huntington photographs , circa 1870-1878
- Huntington, Charles Jonathan, 1846-1878
- Charles Jonathan Huntington photographs
- circa 1870-1878 (inclusive)18701878
- 0.5 linear feet, (2 containers (1 photo box, 1 folder))
- Collection Number
- PH 018
- Charles Jonathan Huntington (1846-1878) was a photographer in Washington Territory in the 1870s. The collection contains two glass negatives, one cabinet card, one print, and twenty stereos.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time. Glass plate negatives and lantern slides are restricted due to the fragility of the format. All decisions regarding use will be at the discretion of the curator for visual materials.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Charles Jonathan Huntington (1846-1878) was a photographer in Washington Territory in the 1870s.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection contains two glass negatives, one cabinet card, one print, and twenty stereos. Collection concerns the following subjects: Washington Territory cityscapes and landscapes, Chicago fire, photographer Oregon Hastings. Images date from 1870-1878.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
Form or Genre Terms
- Cabinet photographs
- Glass negatives
- Photographic prints