Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Washington State University GIESORC Records, 2000-2015
Overview of the Collection
- Washington State University. Gender Identity/Expression and Sexual Orientation Resource Center
- Washington State University GIESORC Records
- 2000-2015 (inclusive)20002015
- 0.5 Linear feet of shelf space, (1 Box)
- Collection Number
- Archives 398 (collection)
- Activities, minutes, and records of GIESORC, the Gender Identity Expression and Sexual Orientation Resource Center at Washington State University. Includes DVDs from the It Starts Now program.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
GIESORC is the Gender Identity/Expression and Sexual Orientation Resource Center, located on the Washington State University campus.
In June of 1995, the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Allies (GLBA) Center officially opened in the CUB, where it has supported research for a climate report, established a Speakers Bureau, provided mentoring and space for the GLBA Student Association, created a monthly program newsletter, created a circulating library, and sponsored a Lavender Graduation ceremony. It also helped the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Ally (GLBTA) Student Association to become an officially recognized committee of the Associated Students of WSU.
GLBA changed their name to GIESORC in early 2006.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection includes minutes, activities, and reports on the action of GIESORC, and on GIESORC related committees, including the President’s Commission on Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation. Of note are several DVDs from an It Starts Now program, which focused on students sharing their life stories, including a theatrical presentation.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Alternative Forms Available
Digitized copies of the It Starts Now audio/video files have been placed in the MASC digital archival storage.
Restrictions on Use
Copyright restrictions apply.
Washington State University GIESORC Records, 2000-2015 (Archives 398)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The papers in this collection are arranged alphabetically by subject, and then chronologically within a given subject.
Matthew S. Jeffries, director of GIESORC, donated this collection to the Washington State University Libraries’ Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections on June 24, 2021, where it was retained as UA2021.03. Brian Stack was responsible for selection and organization of records for archiving.
University Archivist Mark O’English processed these papers in July of 2021.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||4||Annual Report. 2008-2009.|
|1||5||Annual Report. 2010-2011.|
|1||6||Annual Report. 2011-2012.|
|1||7||It Starts Now. (3 DVDs). 2012.|
|1||8||Manual - Safe Zone Program. 2009.|
|1||9||Manual - Speakers Training Bureau. 2009.|
|1||16||Misc. and Articles. 2004-2009.|
|1||18||Policy work. 2001-2009.|
|1||19||PR campaign proposal. 2000.|
|1||20||Surveys - analysis and reports. 2004, 2010.|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Bisexual college students -- Washington (State) -- Pullman
- Bisexuality and education -- Washington (State) -- Pullman
- Gay college students -- Washington (State) -- Pullman
- Gender identity in education -- Washington (State) -- Pullman
- Homosexuality and education -- Washington (State) -- Pullman
- Transgender college students -- Washington (State) -- Pullman
- Washington State University -- Students
- Washington State University. Gender Identity/Expression and Sexual Orientation Resource Center -- Records and correspondence.