Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Plant Pathology Department Records, 1941-1944
Overview of the Collection
- Plant Pathology Department Records
- 1941-1944 (inclusive)19411944
- approximate 90 items, ( .25 linear feet), ( 1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 10
- The records consist, primarily, of correspondence with the WSC Department of Horticulture and the Agricultural Extension Service and a few reports.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Department of Plant Pathology came into being largely through the efforts of F. D. Heald, whose conviction of the importance of the field and enthusiasm enabled him to persuade the administration to create a department separate from botany in 1918. Professor Heald also served as the first chairman of the department. The program of the Department of Plant Pathology is designed to give practical instruction in the areas of crop diseases, fungi, pathology methods, and principles of disease to students in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, general biology, and botany.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records date from 1941 to 1944; most of them are dated from 1942 to 1944. The records consist, primarily, of correspondence with the WSC Department of Horticulture and the Agricultural Extension Service and a few reports.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Department of Horticulture
|1||2||Agricultural Extension Service
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Agricultural extension work--Washington (State)--Research--Archival resources
- Fruit--Diseases and pests--Research--Archival resources
- Plant diseases--Research--Archival resources
- Washington State University. Dept. of Plant Pathology--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Dept. of Plant Pathology--Records and correspondence
- Heald, F. D. (Fred DeForest), b. 1872--Archives (creator)
- State College of Washington. Dept. of Plant Pathology. --Archives (creator)