Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
UW Ethnomusicology Archives recordings: Kayagum Sanjo (Chunjun Mori), Undated
- Garfias, Robert; University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives recordings: Kayagum Sanjo (Chunjun Mori)
- 2 items : Earliest copy (EC) - 1 open reel (7 1/2 ips, mono, 1/2 track, 7 in.); Working tape (WT) - 1 open reel (7 1/2 ips, stereo, 1/2 track, 7 in.)
- Collection Number
- Copy of a commercial 78 rpm disc, recorded by Robert Garfias and collected by the University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives.
University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives has been collecting and curating unique ethnographic music recordings for over 50 years. Its holdings of more than 15,000 items include field recordings documenting music traditions of all kinds from most areas of the world, concert recordings of visiting musicians, and films and videos of a variety of musical events, as well as several hundred musical instruments. The Archives serves the students and faculty in the UW Ethnomusicology Program, the broader university community, Pacific Northwest tribes, and an international clientele of musicians, students, and teachers.
Archival recordings are available for on-site listening. Depending on collection deposit agreements, copies of some materials may be obtained by researchers. Students are particularly encouraged to utilize archival materials to assist with class projects and help prepare for their own field work. The Archives employs several students each year and works informally with most ethnomusicology students as they begin to consider recording format options, equipment purchase, the practical problems of documentation in the field, and other issues related to their research. Students and other researchers are invited to deposit their field collections in the Archives, which offers secure storage and computer catalog access to all materials.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Copied by Robert Garfias.
Performers: Shim Sang-gun/sanjo; Lee Hung Won/changgo.
Duration (WT): 00:06:09
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Earliest copiesReturn to Top
Working tapesReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Korea--Asia--East Asia
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Lee, Hung Won (performer)
- Shim, Sang-Gun (performer)