Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Floyd E. Bolton Papers, 1959-1981
Overview of the Collection
- Bolton, Floyd E.
- Floyd E. Bolton Papers
- 1959-1981 (inclusive)19591981
- 0.5 cubic foot, including 27 photographs, (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- MSS Bolton
- The Floyd E. Bolton Papers consist of materials generated and assembled by Bolton pertaining to wheat breeding, dryland agriculture, and his work on these topics in Turkey, Tunisia, and the Middle East. The Papers include article reprints and manuscripts, conference proceedings, correspondence, informational materials, project proposals, reports, and student papers. Bolton was a faculty member at Oregon State University from 1967 until 1990.
Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Floyd E. Bolton was faculty member in the Oregon State University Crop Science Department from 1967 until his retirement as an Associate Professor of Agronomy in 1990. Bolton earned BS and MS degrees from Oklahoma State University in 1959 and 1961 and a Ph.D. from Colorado State University in 1968. Bolton worked on wheat breeding research and dryland agriculture projects in Turkey, Tunisia, and the Middle East.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Floyd E. Bolton Papers document Bolton's research on wheat breeding and dryland agriculture and his work on agricultural development projects in Turkey and Tunisia in the late 1960s and 1970s. The Papers include article reprints and manuscripts, conference proceedings, project proposals and reports, and informational materials. Materials pertaining to wheat production and dryland agriculture in Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Pakistan, and Syria in addition to Turkey and Tunisia are included in the collection. Progress reports to the Oregon Wheat Commission on wheat research in Oregon are included, as well as reports from the Agricultural Experiment Station in Pendleton. Student papers from Bolton's study at Oklahoma State University are included as well as information on Joseph Danne, a self-taught plant geneticist in Oklahoma. The student papers from Oklahoma State as well as the Pendleton Experiment Station report include photographs.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The Bolton Papers were transferred from the Crop and Soil Science Department in 2005.
Additional materials pertaining OSU's agricultural developement programs in Turkey are available in the Extension Service Records (RG 111). The Archives collections include the Crop Science Department Records (RG 95) as well as the papers of several crop science faculty: Te May Ching, Donald David Hill, Gary Joliff, Warren Kronstad, Dale Moss, Kenneth A. Rykbost, and Harry August Schoth.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Agricultural development projects--Tunisia.
- Agricultural development projects--Turkey.
- Arid regions agriculture.
- Dry farming.
- Oregon Wheat Commission.
Form or Genre Terms
- Photographic prints.
- Oregon State University. Agricultural Experiment Station. (creator)