- Hildreth, Edward Theodore
- Edward Theodore Hildreth papers
- 1894-1953 (inclusive)18941953
- 0.83 cubic feet (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- 0881 (Accession No. 0881-001)
- Papers of a political activist concerning the American Protective League (Minute Men); the Republican Party of Island County; and the Washington Liberty Loan Committee;
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Records stored offsite; advance notice is required for use.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Edward Theodore Hildreth was Secretary of the Island County Republican Central Committee, Chief of the Island County Minute Men, and chairman of the Island County Liberty Loan drive during World War I.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, ephemera, legal documents, photographs.
The papers concern the American Protective League (Minute Men); the Republican Party of Island County; and the Washington Liberty Loan Committee; First Congregational Church, Los Angeles; Hildreth Family Papers.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|2/8-16||Hildreth Family general correspondence||1896-1919|
|2/17||Hildreth Family ephemera||1903-1918|
|2/18-19||American Protective League, Minute Men Division, Island County general correspondence||1918-1919|
|2/20-21||American Protective League, Minute Men Division, Island County bulletins||1918-1919|
|2/22||American Protective League, Minute Men Division, Island County ephemera||1918|
|2/23||Congregationalists, First Congregational Church, Los Angeles general correspondence||1895-1896|
|2/24||Congregationalists, First Congregational Church, Los Angeles ephemera||1896|
|2/25||U.S. Liberty Loan Committee, Island County, WA general correspondence||1918-1919|
|2/26||U.S. Liberty Loan Committee, Island County, WA ephemera||1918|
|2/27||Republican Party, Island County Central Committee general correspondence||1918|
|2/28||Republican Party, Island County Central Committee ephemera||1918|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Political activists--Washington (State)--Island County
- World War, 1914-1918--Washington (State)--Island County--History--Sources
- Hildreth, Edward Theodore--Archives
- Hildreth, Edward Theodore--Politcal activity
- American Protective League--History--Sources
- First Congregational Church (Los Angeles, Calif.)--History--Sources
- Liberty Loan Committee--History--Sources
- Island County (Wash.)--Politics and government
- Republican Party (Island County, Wash.). Central Committee (creator)