- Mabel Altona Wood collection,
- 1 folder.
- Collection Number
- Accession 24398
- Materials regarding disposition of the remains of Mabel A. Wood, a teacher at the Cedar School and Head of the Home Economics Dept. at the University of Oregon for 28 years (to 1966).
- Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
This collection is unprocessed. For information contact the reference staff of the Oregon Historical Society Research Library, email: Libreference@ohs.org; telephone: 503-306-5240.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Mabel A. Wood was a teacher at the Cedar School and was Head of the Home Economics Dept. at the University of Oregon for 28 years (to 1966), and was the first woman professor at the University.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Contains: nine (9) color photoprints of burial of ashes of Mabel Altona Wood; three (3) black & white photoprints of 1] Isaac T. & Minnie M. (Hayden) Wood (parents of Mabel A. Wood), 2] Alta, Minnie, Isaac & Mabel Wood, in 1920, 3] Mabel A. Wood at "age 44" (ca.1940); and one (1) folder containing letters, news releases, etc. regarding the efforts to transfer and the internment of the ashes of Mabel A. Wood. Also included are biographical materials, career timeline, etc.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Cedar School (Troutdale, Or.)
- University of Oregon -- Biography.
- Wood, Mabel, -- 1887-2000 -- Photographs.
- Wood, Mabel, -- 1887-2000.
Form or Genre Terms
- Photographs. -- aat