Louise Linthicum photograph album on Smith College and mountaineering, circa 1909-1928 PDF
- Linthicum, Louise W., 1899-1959.
- Louise Linthicum photograph album on Smith College and mountaineering
- circa 1909-1928 (inclusive)19091928
- .29 cubic feet (408 photographs in 1 album)
- Collection Number
- Album 480
- 408 black and white photographs in 1 album, ca. 1909-1928, of Louise Linthicum's activities as a student at Smith College and her activities hiking and skiing with the Snowshoe Club.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Alexander Wilson Linthicum (1895-1969) was a Portland, Oregon businessman, naturalist and mountaineer.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
408 black and white photographs in 1 album, ca. 1909-1928, of Louise Linthicum's activities as a student at Smith College and her activities hiking and skiing with the Snowshoe Club. Subjects include: U. C. Berkeley and Carmel in California, Social activities in Portland, Oregon, parades and sports. Identified individuals include: Martin Biddle, Margaret Biddle Parker, Duncan Strong, Henry C. C. Stevens, Lanz Hart, Marian Howe Geary, Richard G. Montgomery, Anna Wheeler Hayes, Dayton Williams, Isabella Gauld, Aubrey R. Watzek and Alexander Linthicum.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library before any reproduction use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.
Louise Linthicum Photograph Album on Smith College and Mountaineering, Album 480, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Hiking -- Northwest, Pacific -- Photographs.
- Landscapes -- Northwest, Pacific -- Photographs.
- Mountaineering -- Northwest, Pacific -- Photographs.
- Outdoor life -- Northwest, Pacific -- Photographs.
- Parades -- Oregon -- Portland -- Photographs.
- Skis and skiing -- Northwest, Pacific -- Photographs.
- Sports -- Photographs.
- Corporate Names :
- Smith College -- Photographs.
- Smith College -- Students -- Photographs.
- Snowshoe Club -- Photographs.
- University of California, Berkeley -- Photographs.
- Family Names :
- Biddle, Martin Burrell, -- 1902-1957 -- Photographs.
- Gauld, Isabella, -- 1886-1975 -- Photographs.
- Geary, Marian Howe -- Photographs.
- Hart, Lanz -- Photographs.
- Hayes, Anna Wheeler, -- 1901- -- Photographs.
- Linthicum, Alexander Wilson, -- 1895-1969 -- Photographs.
- Linthicum, Louise W., -- 1899-1959 -- Photographs.
- Montgomery, Richard Gill, -- 1897-1980 -- Photographs.
- Parker, Margaret Biddle, -- 1898- -- Photographs.
- Stevens, Henry C. C., -- 1898-1979 -- Photographs.
- Strong, Duncan -- Photographs.
- Watzek, Aubrey R., -- 1888-1973 -- Photographs.
- Williams, Dayton -- Photographs.
- Geographical Names :
- Carmel (Calif.) -- Photographs.
- Portland (Or.) -- Social life and customs -- Photographs.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographs. -- aat