- Cowgill, Ralph P. (Ralph Penniwell), b. 1880, photographer.
- Ralph Penniwell Cowgill photograph albums
- 1898-1915 (inclusive)18981915
- .5 cubic feet (209 photographs and 1 negative in 2 albums)
- Collection Number
- Org. Lot 1180
- 209 black and white photographs and 1 negative in 2 albums, 1898-1915.
- Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
209 black and white photographs and 1 negative in 2 albums, 1898-1915.
Album 548 includes images from the U. S. Geological Survey in the Pacific Northwest, including Coeur d'Alene Lake, Murray, Wallace, and Blossom Lake in Idaho, Spirit Lake, Spokane, and Mount Adams in Washington, and Sunset Mine, Crescent Lake, the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood in Oregon. Subjects include mining and the steamboat Georgie Oakes.
Album 549 includes images of an irrigation project near Medford, Oregon.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Collection includes Album 548 and Album 549.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library before any reproduction use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.
Ralph Penniwell Cowgill Photograph Albums, Org. Lot 1180, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Lib. Acc. # 14726
Ralph Penniwell Cowgill papers, Mss 2539, at the Oregon Historical Society Research Library, Portland, Or.
Ralph Penniwell Cowgill photographs collection, Org. Lot 889, Oregon Historical Society Research Library, Portland, Or.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Irrigation -- Oregon -- Medford -- Photographs.
- Mines and mineral resources -- Oregon -- Photographs.
- Surveying -- Northwest, Pacific -- Photographs.
- Geological Survey (U.S.) -- Photographs.
- Georgie Oakes (Steamship) -- Photographs.
- Cowgill, Ralph P. -- (Ralph Penniwell), -- b. 1880.
- Adams, Mount (Wash.) -- Photographs.
- Blossom Lake (Idaho) -- Photographs.
- Coeur d'Alene Lake (Idaho) -- Photographs.
- Columbia River Gorge (Or. and Wash.) -- Photographs.
- Crescent Lake (Or.) -- Photographs.
- Hood, Mount (Or.) -- Photographs.
- Medford (Or.) -- Photographs.
- Murray (Idaho) -- Photographs.
- Spirit Lake (Wash.) -- Photographs.
- Spokane (Wash.) -- Photographs.
- Wallace (Idaho) -- Photographs.
Form or Genre Terms
- Photographs. -- aat