Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Tree Fruit Research Center, Wenatchee Records, 1929-1967
Overview of the Collection
- Tree Fruit Research Center, Wenatchee Records
- 1929-1967 (inclusive)19291967
- approximate 27 items, ( 5.5 linear feet), ( 5 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 77
- Contains bound volumes of annual reports and project reports.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Tree Fruit Research Center was officially established in 1938 by an act of the State Legislature, but the initiatory step occurred in 1926 when the fruit growers of the Wenatchee district sent a committee to WSC to make a plea that the State College Agriculture Experiment Station carry on more effective experiments in the Wenatchee area. Fred Overley was the first superintendent and came to be regarded as the father of the center. Other records of the Tree Fruit Experiment Station are found in University Archives 190.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Bound volumes of annual reports and project reports.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
1: Fertilizer Project Return to Top
2: Annual Reports Return to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Agricultural experiment stations--Washington (State)--Wenatchee--Archives
- Agricultural extension work--Research--Washington (State)--Archives
- Fruit trade--Research--Washington (State)--Archives
- Fruit--Diseases and pests--Research--Washington (State)--Archives
- Washington State University. Tree Fruit Research Center, Wenatchee--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Tree Fruit Research Center, Wenatchee--Records and correspondence
- Overley, Fred Lloyd, 1884---Archives (creator)
- State College of Washington. Tree Fruit Research Center, Wenatchee. (creator)