Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
WSU Residence Hall Association Records, 1998-2001
Overview of the Collection
- WSU Residence Hall Association Records
- 1998-2001 (inclusive)19982001
- .25 linear feet of shelf space, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- Archives 385 (collection)
- Records related to the operation of the Residence Hall Association, including meeting minutes and funding records.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
[From the guide to Archives 66, Residence Hall Association Records, 1948-1979]
The main purpose of the Residence Hall Association (RHA) is to coordinate and promote activities between residence halls. Organized in the early 1950s at Washington State University, the Residence Hall Association attempts to maintain good relations between the various halls and seeks to solve problems which may arise. The Association maintains a Judicial Board which arbitrates disputes between dormitory residents, operates the Educational Program Fund (which allocates financial aid to dormitories for academically related functions) and attends to the affairs of student insurance within the halls. The Association is a member of both the National Independent Students Association and the National Association of College and University Residence Halls. All members of independent living organizations are members of the Residence Hall Association.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of funding requests made by residence hall governments to the RHA, meeting minutes and agendas, and other papers related to RHA events and operations.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Restrictions on Use
Copyright restrictions may apply.
[Item Description]; WSU Residence Hall Association records, 1998-2001 (Archives 385)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
This collection is arranged alphabetically by subject.
Sarah Viveiros, then student historian in Stevens Hall, donated this collection as part of a larger assortment of materials to the Washington State University Libraries’ Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC) on September 29, 2003, where they were retained as UA2003-15.
James Feller processed this collection in August, 2018.
The remaining materials from the original donation, which related specifically to Stevens Hall, were incorporated into Archives 133 (box 1, folders 11-12) in 2008.
Earlier records of the Residence Hall Association (1948-1979) are held at WSU Libraries MASC as Archives 66.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Funding requests, 1998-1999|
|1||2||Meeting minutes and agenda, 1998-1999|
|1||3||Other papers, 1998-2001|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls--Records and correspondence
- National Independent Students Association--Records and correspondence
- National Residence Hall Association--Records and correspondence
- Washington State University. Residence Hall Association--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Residence Hall Association--Records and correspondence
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls--Archives (creator)
- National Residence Hall Association--Archives (creator)