Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Davis Hall Records, 1955-1968
Overview of the Collection
- Davis Hall Records
- 1955-1968 (inclusive)19551968
- approximate 148 items, ( .25 linear feet), ( 1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 141
- Contains minutes, hall handbooks and copies of Davis Haller or, at times, Davis Holler, the hall newsletter. Also includes both the executive council and house meetings
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Davis Hall, designed by Stanley Smith, University Architect, was built in 1937. Originally named North Hall, in 1947 it was renamed after Arthur William Davis, a former member of the Board of Regents. It was planned and has been used continuously as a women's residence hall.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The records of Davis Hall, 1955-1968, contain minutes, hall handbooks and copies of Davis Haller or, at times, Davis Holler, the hall newsletter. They are arranged chronologically and include both the executive council and house meetings.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Dormitories--Washington (State)--Pullman--Archives
- Washington State University--Buildings--Archives
- Washington State University. Davis Hall--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Davis Hall--Records and correspondence
Titles within the Collection
- Davis Haller
- Davis Holler
- State College of Washington. Davis Hall. (creator)
- State College of Washington. North Hall. (creator)