- Lloyd, William W.
- William W. Lloyd reminiscences
- circa 1900-1950 (inclusive)19001950
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- SFM 133
- The William W. Lloyd Papers comprise a single manuscript detailing Lloyd's trip from Missouri to Idaho in 1876 and his life in Pine Valley, now Pine (Baker County), Oregon.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
William Lloyd was born the fifth child to Granville and Rebecca Anne Lloyd on April 5, 1866 in Adair County, Missouri. His father died in 1873, leaving his mother widowed. The family then traveled West in 1876 to meet with Rebecca's brother who lived in Idaho. After arriving in Boise, the family continued on to Oregon and settled in Pine in Baker County, Oregon. Lloyd was a farmer and a stock-raiser and he became the first mayor of Halfway, Oregon.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Reminiscences of W.W. Lloyd of Halfway, Oregon, telling of his trip from Missouri to Idaho in 1876, and his life in Pine Valley, now Pine (Baker County), Oregon. Reminiscences are titled Two Old-Time Pioneer Mules Outpull 22 Head of Horses in Canyon Creek (Trip Across the Plains in 1876), Early Life in Pine Valley was Rugged and Pioneers Lived a Life of Adventure (continuation of Trip Across the Plains in 1876), and Early Pine, Eagle Settlers Put End to Indian Raids. The reminiscences were written for the Baker County (Oregon) Historical Society.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the William W. Lloyd Reminiscences|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Baker County (Or.)--History
- Pine (Baker County, Or.)--History
Form or Genre Terms