Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Streit Perham Hall Records, 1962-1974
Overview of the Collection
- Streit Perham Hall Records
- 1962-1974 (inclusive)19621974
- approximate 339 items, ( .25 linear feet), ( 1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 144
- Includes minutes and hall handbooks.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Streit Hall and Perham Hall opened in the fall of 1962. Streit Hall was named after Selma Streit who was the Director of Housing and Food Services at Washington State University from 1948 to 1961. Perham Hall was named after Benjamin Agnew Perham who was a member of the Board of Regents from 1933 to 1945.
Originally a women's dormitory it became a co-ed dormitory in the early 1970's. While the living areas of Streit and Perham are separate, they share a central building which contains the dining hall, lounge, reception desk and the Head Resident's apartment. When Streit-Perham opened it was organized into four sections (Upper Perham, Lower Perham, Upper Streit, Lower Streit) of three floors each. These sections had separate elected officers and social events.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
The records of Streit-Perham Hall, 1962-1974, contain minutes and hall handbooks. The minutes are of the meetings of both the Section Councils and the Executive Council which contained representatives from both dormitories. The records are arranged chronologically. While the bulk of the minutes are from the various councils, the folders also contain occasional reports from other committees.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Minutes Return to Top
Lower Perham Section Council
Upper Perham Section Council
Lower Streit Section Council
Upper Streit Section Council
Hall Handbooks , 1962, 1974Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1, Folder 6
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Dormitories--Washington (State)--Pullman--Archives
- Washington State University--Buildings--Archives
- Washington State University. Streit-Perham Hall--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Streit-Perham Hall--Records and correspondence