Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Oregon State University Foundation Moving Images, 1976-2007
Overview of the Collection
- Oregon State University. Foundation.
- Oregon State University Foundation Moving Images
- 1976-2007 (inclusive)19762007
- 2.8 cubic feet, including 68 videotapes, 4 films, and 3 DVDs, (3 boxes)
- Collection Number
- FV P 178
- The Oregon State University Foundation Moving Images consist of videotapes, motion picture films, and DVDs produced or assembled by the Foundation. The materials include recordings of training events and presentations as well as public service announcements and other productions prepared to promote OSU and the OSU Foundation.
Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research. Some formats may require production of use copies in order to be viewed.
- Additional Reference Guides
Preliminary container list available online.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Oregon State College Foundation was established in 1947 as a non-profit corporation to receive and manage private gifts in support of Oregon State College. In 1998, responsibilities for fundraising were transferred from the OSU Office of Development and development offices within OSU colleges and units to the Foundation. The public launch of The Campaign for OSU, the university's first campus-wide fundraising campaign, occurred in October 2007.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Oregon State University Foundation Moving Images consist of videotapes, motion picture films, and DVDs produced or assembled by the Foundation. The materials include recordings of training events; ceremonies or events on campus; presentations by OSU administrators; and public service announcements and other productions prepared to promote OSU and the OSU Foundation. Of particular note are the multimedia productions prepared for the launch events of the OSU Capital Campaign in 2007, featuring OSU faculty, students, and alumni. The collection also includes several productions prepared by other OSU units, including the Colleges of Science and Engineering.
The collection includes footage pertaining to the Kelley Engineering Center, Valley Library, Bates Hall (the Family Studies Center), Hinsdale Wave Research Facility and LaSells Stewart Center; scholarship funds; the academic programs of the College of Engineering and College Science; and notable OSU faculty such as Bruce Mate, Jane Lubchenco, Annette Rossignol, and Warren Kronstad.
The OSU Foundation Moving Images consist primarily of videotapes. The majority of the videotapes are VHS format; several are Betamax, BetacamSP, or 3/4" Umatic format. The collection also includes 2" Quad and 1" Type C open reel videotapes, one miniDV, several 16 mm motion picture films, and 3 DVDs.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Oregon State University Foundation Moving Images (FV P 178), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
This collection is not fully processed; this guide is preliminary.
Materials were transferred from the OSU Foundation in 2008.
Additions to the collection are expected.
The University Advancement Videotapes (FV P 210) and the News and Communications Services Motion Picture Films and Videotapes (FV P 057) include videotapes and films of public service announcements and other productions that promote or document the OSU Foundation. Other materials generated by the Foundation are available in the Development Office and University Foundations Records (RG 144) and Photographs (P 178).
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- College buildings--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Fund raising--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Universities and colleges--Public relations--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Kronstad, Warren E. (Warren Ervind), 1932-
- Lubchenco, Jane
- Mate, Bruce R.
- Rossignol, Annette
- Oregon State University--Buildings.
- Oregon State University--Endowments.
- Oregon State University--Faculty.
- Oregon State University--Students.
- Oregon State University. College of Engineering.
- Oregon State University. College of Science.
Form or Genre Terms
- Motion pictures (visual works).
- Oregon State University. Office of Development. (creator)