- University of Oregon. Alumni Association
- Alumni Association records
- 1880-2009 (inclusive)18802009
- 20.5 linear feet, (20 containers) : 10 record storage boxes, 1 oversize box, and 9 manuscript boxes.
- Collection Number
- UA 145
- Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Permanent University Archive public records are available for research, and are subject to state, and in some cases federal freedom of information laws. In compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, FERPA and HIPAA, specific records that are legally protected, sensitive, private, or confidential are exempt (not subject to disclosure) and closed to protect individual privacy. Access to paper records will be granted after a professional review of the records occurs based on regulations in state and federal laws. Contact Special Collections and University Archives well in advance in order to access these records.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Launched in 1879 with five alumni, the Alumni Association works to keep University of Oregon alumni connected to the university.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection includes (but is not limited to) the following:
Alumni Holding Company records including correspondence, minutes, office files, accounts, ledgers, and articles of incorporation;
Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, development fund and other financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students (especially women) who served in WWI and WWII;
Also included here is correspondence of L. R. Alderman and alumni regarding the University appropriation campaign of 1908, journals of the University of the Philippines, and a roof tile from Hiroshima, Japan.
Material is organized by accession and includes the following material: (lists are not comprehensive)
Accession 00034.A: Alumni Holding Company records including minutes, financial reports, cash book, correspondence ledger, marketing ledger, articles of incorporation, and a ledger/account index journal, 1887-1953.
Accession 00035.A: Alumni Holding Company records including office files, minutes, financial records, and Karl W. Onthank files, 1925-1945.
Accession 10321.A: Journals of University of Philippines that include articles by Benito N.S. Padilla, class of 1929, 1961-1965. Gift of Benito N.S. Padilla.
Accession 10133.A: Correspondence with University students in service during World War I, 1918-1919.
Accessions 10193.A and 10047.A: Alumni Holding Company records, office files, correspondence, and correspondence of L. R. Alderman and alumni regarding the University appropriation campaign of 1908, 1908-1950.
Accessions 10050.A and 10660.A: List of Alumni Women in military service, ca. 1945, class of 1913 information, Class of Nineteen Thirteen News newsletter, directories, office files, and other newsletters, 1915-1963.
Accession 10.655.A: Financial records, minutes, and general records of the Alumni Office, 1953-1961.
Accession 10.787.A: Office files, reports, homecoming, alumni funds, committee records, questionnaires, and reunion and class information, 1913-1972.
Accession 1996.296.A: Alumni Association reports and leader's manual, 1941-1996.
Accession 1996.54.A: Alumni Association's publication, Insider, and Alumnae News, 1965-1994.
Accession 1996.671.A: Correspondence, committee files, events, gift reports, publications, and agenda, 1953-1974.
Accession 2001.07.A: Photographs, slides, and negatives, 1991-2000.
Accession 10032.A: roof tile from Hiroshima, Japan, which was located approximately 500 yards from the epicenter of the atomic explosion on August 12, 1945.
Accession 11.092.A: Photo/memory albums, slides, VHS and Betacam video, CD-Rom's and DVD's (separated) of Alumni Association and UO events including Pioneer Award Galas, 100 years of UO football, La Quinta, and an event for/about Ann Curry, 1997-2009.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Alumni Association records|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- College students--Oregon--Eugene
- Educational fund raising--Oregon--Eugene
- Universities and colleges--Oregon--Eugene
- University of Oregon--Alumni and alumnae--Students
Form or Genre Terms