- Luelling, Seth
- Seth Luelling diary
- 1850-1853 (inclusive)18501853
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- A 071
- Seth Lewelling's Diary recounts his travels from Cincinnati Ohio to California, accounts of his finances, poetry of Oregon and California written by family members, and a list of the names of the Luelling Family members.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Seth Luelling (1820-1896; also known as Seth Lewelling) was a pioneer who traveled from Cincinnati, Ohio to California in 1850. An accomplished Orchardist, Luelling is best known for developing the Bing cherry. (Source: Phillip Cogswell, Capitol Names: Individuals Woven Into Oregon's History)
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The diary records Seth Luelling's travels from Cincinnati Ohio to California. Included are accounts of his finances, poetry of Oregon and California by his family members, and a list of names of members of the Luelling Family.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Seth Luelling Diary|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Frontier and pioneer life--California
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
Form or Genre Terms
- Financial records
- Journals (accounts)