Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Earl Connette Locomotive and Northwestern Scene Photographs, 1950s-1970s
Overview of the Collection
- Connette, Earl.
- Earl Connette Locomotive and Northwestern Scene Photographs
- 1950s-1970s (inclusive)1950-19791950-1979
- 2 Linear feet of shelf space, (2 boxes), (260 items)
- Collection Number
- PC 66 (collection)
- Negatives and prints of the New York Central Railroad system and of natural scenery in the Pacific Northwest. Most are undated and unlabeled, but the identified scenes come from Idaho and Wyoming, and the images are believed to be from the 1950s to the 1970s.
Washington State University Libraries' Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open and available for research use.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of nine 15"x19" mounted landscape scenes, and two 11"x14" spiral bound albums each containing about 50 photographs of the New York Central Railroad system. Additionally it holds about 150 2¼" square negatives. While all non-railroad photographs are from the Pacific Northwest they're unlabeled and undated; an index card in the negatives labels sets of those as: "Jackson Hole WY, Rivers, Stanley Basin ID, Local, Special, Flowers & Trees, Historical, Seven Devils ID, and Studies."
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Restrictions on Use
Copyright restrictions apply.
[Item description] Earl Connette Locomotive and Northwestern Scene Photographs, 1950s-1970s (PC 66)
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Items are maintained in their original order and mountings, with box 1 containing the large mounted prints and albums, and box 2 containing the negatives.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Railroads -- New York (State) -- History.
- Connette, Earl -- Archives
- Northwest, Pacific -- History -- Photographs.
- Northwest, Pacific -- Photographs.