- Pro Parks 2000 Committee
- Seattle Pro Parks 2000 Committee Records
- 1999-2000 (inclusive)19992000
- 0.2 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- Records of a citizen advisory committee working to develop park, open space, and recreation projects and programs.
- Seattle Municipal Archives
Seattle Municipal Archives
Office of the City Clerk
City of Seattle
PO Box 94728
- Access Restrictions
Records are open to the public.
- Funding for processing this record series was provided through a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Created by Resolution 30003, the Pro Parks 2000 Committee was convened to ensure citizen participation in the development of park, open space, and recreation projects and programs. The committee started with the objectives identified in the Parks comprehensive plan that was written in 1993 and updated several years later as part of the neighborhood planning process. Members were directed to develop a package of projects and identify options to fund those projects, including bonds, levies, and junior taxing districts. The committee was made up of 28 citizens selected by the Parks Department based on their past participation in neighborhood and/or park planning as well as their representation of a cross section of the community.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The majority of the records consist of materials compiled for meetings, including agendas, minutes, background materials, and draft documents. Other records include correspondence, work plans, and other working documents.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Item and date], Pro Parks 2000 Committee Records, Record Series 9559-01. Box [number], Folder [number]. Seattle Municipal Archives.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
9559-01: Pro Parks 2000 Committee Records, 1999-2000Return to Top
Meeting Materials (June-Aug)
Meeting Materials (Sept-Dec)
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Open spaces--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Parks--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Pro Parks Levy Program (Seattle, Wash.)
- Recreation--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Seattle (Wash.). Dept. of Parks and Recreation
- Seattle (Wash.)