Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Max L. Krueger papers, 1901-1977
- Krueger, Max L.
- Max L. Krueger papers
- 1901-1977 (inclusive)19011977
- 65.00 cubic feet (65 boxes)
- Collection Number
American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming
American Heritage Center
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave.
- Access Restrictions
There are no access restrictions on the materials for research purposes, and the collection is open to the public.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Max L. Krueger (1902-1980) was a consulting petroleum geologist. After graduating from the University of Kansas in 1924, Krueger worked for Prairie Oil and Gas Company until 1926, and for Venezuela Gulf Oil Company from 1926-1929 in Venezuela and other areas of South America. From 1929 until his retirement in 1949 he was employed by West Gulf Oil Company as chief geologist and later as manager of operations. From 1949-1977 Krueger worked as a consulting geologist in Laramie, Wyoming, primarily assisting Belco Petroleum Corporation develop the Big Piney oil and gas field in Sublette County, Wyoming. Krueger was married to Aliene Winchester in 1931.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection contains materials relating to Krueger's career as a petroleum geologist including expense accounts and budgets of the Preston Oil Company (1923-1947) and the Waverly Oil Works Company (1952-1957); subject files (1901-1971) on geology and the exploration and development of oil and gas fields, which include correspondence, news clippings, maps, photographs, and well logs of fields in the U.S., Canada and South America; notebooks of oil well sites and reports of the Belco Petroleum Corporation (1953-1964); Krueger's geological reports of petroleum sites in California (1929-1936); maps (1915-1977) mostly of Wyoming; and materials relating to Krueger's involvement in the American Association of Petroleum Geologists and the Geological Society of America (1942-1970).
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The researcher assumes full responsibility for observing all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.
Item Description, Box Number, Folder Number, Collection Name, Collection Number, American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Oil fields -- Canada.
- Oil fields -- South America.
- Oil fields -- United States.
- Petroleum -- Geology -- Canada.
- Petroleum -- Geology -- South America.
- Petroleum -- Geology -- United States.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- Canada.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- South America.
- Petroleum -- Prospecting -- United States.
- Petroleum industry and trade -- Canada.
- Petroleum industry and trade -- South America.
- Petroleum industry and trade -- United States.
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
- Geological Society of America.
- Big Piney oil field (Wyo.)
Form or Genre Terms
- Petroleum geologists.
- Belco Petroleum Corporation.
- Preston Oil Company.
- Waverly Oil Works Company, Pittsburgh.