Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Esther Landa photograph collection, 1930s-1990s
- Esther Landa photograph collection
- 1930s-1990s (inclusive)19301999
- 94 items (92 black and white, and color photographs of varying sizes, 2 35mm color slides)
- Collection Number
- The Esther Landa photograph collection include portraits of Esther Landa, photographs of her family and friends, as well as photographs documenting her political and social involvements.
University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Esther Landa was born in 1912. She is well-known for her contributions to education and social welfare. Esther Landa is a Utah women's rights activist who is also active in various Jewish organizations and in the antinuclear movement. Her many titles include: President of the National Council of Jewish Women, Vice Chairman of the Utah State Board of Education, Co-founder of Project Head Start in Utah, Director of Women's programs in the Division of Continuing Education at the University of Utah, and leader in Utah's International Women's Year Conference in 1977.
The photographs in this collection include portraits of Esther Landa, photographs of her family and friends, as well as photographs documenting her political and social involvements.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The library does not claim to control copyright for all materials in the collection. An individual depicted in a reproduction has privacy rights as outlined in Title 45 CFR, part 46 (Protection of Human Subjects). For further information, please review the J. Willard Marriott Library’s Use Agreement and Reproduction Request forms.
Collection Name, Collection Number, Box Number, Folder Number. Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, The University of Utah.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Collection is arranged topically.
Gift of Esther Landa.
Processed by Alison Christensen and Kristi Pace in 1999.
Manuscript materials were transferred to the Esther Landa papers (ACCN 0599).
Audio-visual materials were transferred to the Esther Landa audio-visual collection (A0371).
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Portraits, personal, business, political and miscellaneousReturn to Top
Portraits of Esther Landa
Homes and Buildings in Salt Lake City, Utah
OversizeReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Jewish women--Societies and clubs
- Jews, American--Utah
- Project Head Start (U.S.)
- Women's rights--Utah--History
- Women--Legal status, laws, etc.--United States
- Landa, Esther,1912---photographs
- National Council of Jewish Women
- University of Utah. Division of Continuing Education
- Utah State Board of Education
Form or Genre Terms
- Photographic prints
- Photographic prints--Color