Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Frank Cameron manuscript on the The Northwest Boundary Commission, 2009
- Frank Cameron manuscript on the The Northwest Boundary Commission
- 2009 (inclusive)20092009
- 1 folder, (1 folder containing 89 type set pages)
- Collection Number
- MG 5725
- This collection consists of an unpublished manuscript documenting the history of the Northwest Boundary Commission(1857-1862) authored by Frank Cameron. It is titled The Northwest Boundary, 1857-1862: surveying the United States-Canadian boundary from the Pacific Ocean to the Rocky Mountains.
University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
University of Idaho Library
875 Perimeter Drive
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of a history of the Northwest Boundary Commission authored by Frank Cameron. It is titled The Northwest Boundary 1857-1862: surveying the United States-Canadian boundary from the Pacific Ocean to the Rocky Mountains. The commission, an international expedition of a thousand men, worked for six years to mark a 400 mile boundary which would provide the definition and demarcation of the westernmost boundary of the Canadian/U.S. border. This history covers the mission's diplomatic history, organization of the British and American commissions,as well as other topics including finances, plagues of mosquitoes, foods, ships, mules and the artists and photographers of the survey.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Northwest boundary of the United States
- Northwest, Pacific--History
- United States--Boundaries