- Northwest Printmakers (Society)
- Northwest Printmakers records
- 1929-1970 (inclusive)19291970
- approximately .9 cubic ft (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- 4302 (Accession No. 4302-001)
- Professional arts group established in 1928 in Seattle
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Northwest Printmakers was organized in 1929 by a group of Seattle artists. Helen Rhodes was the first president. The purpose of the organization was the promotion of a better appreciation of prints among the public in the Pacific Northwest and the advancement of printmaking as an art. The group sponsored an annual international exhibition. The earliest exhibits were shown at the Henry Gallery at the University of Washington. In 1934 the Northwest Printmakers affiliated with the Seattle Art Museum and subsequent exhibitions were co-sponsored by the Museum and shown at the Museum.
For additional information on Northwest Printmakers shows at the Henry Gallery, see Henry Gallery accession no. 82-48.
Professional arts group established in 1928 in Seattle. Provenance apparently kept by Catherine Munter, secretary of the group, ca. 1962-1970.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, minutes, exhibition programs, lists, and related records.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/2||Organizational Features - bylaws||1968|
Major correspondents include: Glenn Alps, Kenneth Callahan, Maud Elmer, Bud Love, William Mair, Ed Merrill, Catherine Dahm Munter, Ambrose Patterson, Halley Savery
|1929-1933, 1939, 1958-1960, 1962-1970|
|2/5||Demonstrations and Workshops||1961-1970|
|2/14||Publications (from other organizations)|
|2/15||Ephemera - Printer and print collector guides||1960-1970|
|2/16||Ephemera - Tamarind workshop INC.||1960-1970|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Northwest Printmakers (Society)--Archives
- Alps, Glen (creator)
- Callahan, Kenneth, 1905-1986 (creator)
- Elmer, Maud (creator)
- Hough, Halley Brewster Savery (creator)
- Love, Bud (creator)
- Mair, William (creator)
- Merrill, Ed (creator)
- Munter, Catherine Dahm (creator)
- Patterson, Ambrose, 1877-1966 (creator)