Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Beta Delta Chapter of Sigma Chi Scrapbook, 1895-1922
- Sigma Chi Fraternity. Beta Delta Chapter (The University of Montana)
- Beta Delta Chapter of Sigma Chi Scrapbook
- 1895-1922 (inclusive)18951922
- 1 volume
- Collection Number
- Mss 636
- The fraternity created this scrapbook of the history of the organization and the university from 1895-1922.
University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana--Missoula.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The first social fraternity, Eta Phi Mu, was organized at The University of Montana, Missoula Montana on January 26, 1904. The fraternity became the Beta Delta chapter of Sigma Chi in 1906, due in large part to the efforts of F.C. Scheuch, one of the first university professors who later became acting president.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This scrapbook contains the history of the fraternity and The University of Montana from 1895-1922.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes. Copyright status unknown.
[Name of document or photograph number], Beta Delta Chapter of Sigma Chi Scrapbook, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana--Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- College students--Montana--Missoula--Social life and customs
- Greek letter societies--Montana--Missoula
- State University of Montana (Missoula)--Societies, etc
Form or Genre Terms
- Eta Phi Mu (University of Montana)
- Sigma Chi Fraternity. Beta Delta Chapter (University of Montana)