Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Joseph N. Dolph letter to J. D. Lee , 1884 May 1
Overview of the Collection
- Dolph, Joseph N. (Joseph Norton), 1835-1897
- Joseph N. Dolph letter to J. D. Lee
- 1884 May 1 1884-05-011884-05-01
0.025 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- CA 1884 May 1
- Joseph N. Dolph (1835-1897) served in the Oregon State Senate and was also elected to the U.S. Senate as a Republican, serving from 1883 to 1895. The collection contains a letter dated May 1, 1884 from Dolph to J. D. Lee of Dallas, Oregon concerning Oregon politics.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
See the Current Collection Guide for detailed description and requesting options.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
In the letter, Dolph states that he hopes for a Senate Committee on Commerce report against consolidation of Yaquima (sic), Coos Bay, and Willamette collection districts, and he reminds Lee of the importance of a Republican controlled Legislature.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Joseph N. Dolph Letter to J. D. Lee|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Customs administration--Oregon--History--19th century
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly. Senate
- Republican Party (Or.)
- Oregon--Politics and government--1859-1950
Form or Genre Terms