William Harling Davolt Scrapbook and Photographs, 1904-1908 PDF
- Davolt, W. H. (William Harling)
- William Harling Davolt Scrapbook and Photographs
- 1904-1908 (inclusive)19041908
- 0.1 cubic foot, including 10 photographs, (2 boxes)
- Collection Number
- MSS Davolt
- The Davolt Scrapbook and Photographs were assembled by William Harling Davolt, a 1908 graduate of Oregon Agricultural College and OAC track athlete. The scrapbook documents track and field events in Oregon and Washington; the photographs depict campus buildings and OAC athletes.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
William Harling ("Hod") Davolt, from Catlin, Washington, attended Oregon Agricultural College from 1904 to 1908 and earned a BS in Electrical Engineering in 1908. He was a distance runner and set college records in the mile run and cross country.
Davolt attended Oregon Agricultural College as a graduate student during the 1909/10 academic year and subsequently returned to Washington where he was an electrician (1913); an employee of the County Auditor's Office in Kalama, Washington (1917); and worked on the King Creek Poultry Farm in Kelso, Washington (1920s).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The William Harling Davolt Scrapbook and Photographs document track and field events in Oregon and Washington, the Oregon Agricultural College campus, and OAC athletes.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
William Harling Davolt Scrapbook and Photographs, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Series I: Scrapbook, 1904-1908Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1
The Davolt Scrapbook consists of newspaper clippings about track and field events in Oregon and Washington, primarily featuring Oregon Agricultural College teams; however, articles pertaining to other Oregon, Washington, and California teams are included. The scrapbook also includes a few articles pertaining to the Oregon Agricultural College football team.
Series II: Photographs, circa 1907-1908Return to Top
The photographs include images of campus buildings, a metal working class, the 1907 football team, and track athletes and events.
P039:1: Cauthorn Hall
P039:2: Education Hall
P039:3: Waldo Hall
P039:4: Apperson Hall
P039:5: Benton Hall with champion flag
P039:6: Metal working class
P039:7: Football team
P039:8: W.H. "Hod" Davolt and Beach
Studio portrait in track uniforms.
P039:9: "Hod" coming through the finish line
2 prints, including one duplicate print
Track meet at unidentifed location (not OAC).
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- College buildings--Oregon--Corvallis.
- Track and field athletes--Oregon.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Agricultural College--Buildings.
- Oregon Agricultural College--Students.
- Oregon Agricultural College--Track and field.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.