- Gordon, Wyona Eliza Surfus, active 1883
- Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon papers
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- CB G659
- Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon was an Oregon pioneer and school teacher. The collection consists of a detailed typewritten memoir of an overland wagon trip from Kansas to Oregon in 1883.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon traveled overland from Topeka, Kansas to Oregon City, Oregon in 1883. She attended Philomath College and later taught school in Portland.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection consists of a detailed typewritten memoir of an overland wagon trip from Topeka, Kansas to Oregon City, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon Papers|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Frontier and pioneer life--West (U.S.)
- Overland journeys to the Pacific
- Women Pioneers--West (U.S.)
Form or Genre Terms